Tuesday 24 August 2010

I had a dream..

Yes, I had a dream. My dream was that I could tie my hair in a ponytail... How lame is that dream?! It's the only part I could remember and I woke up thinking I had really long hair. I was gutted when I realised I had been asleep! I still have a bit of hair but I am definitely looking forward to it growing back.

I was given a double dose of GCSF (the horrid injections I get, which meant two every day) over the weekend to try and kick my stem cells into action. Well, it definitely did that! I went to the Beatson yesterday and my count was through the roof! They were all really pleased and said I would only have to be hooked to the machine for two and a half hours when I thought it would be four hours. I successfully managed to work my way through four episodes of Little Dorrit so definitely time well spent. This is what the machine looks like.. Yeah I took a snap.


It kind of works like dialysis, there is one line coming from my Hickman Line and then they also have to put a venflon in my hand to put the blood back in. It is very confusing! I found the machine fascinating. I just think it's amazing they can do this. Hopefully I won't need to use the cells but it's good to have them as a precaution. They phoned later on to say they hoped to gather 6 million cells but they managed to get 14 million - the GCSF clearly did it's job!

I feel so much better than I did last week. I'm still really tired but I feel ok. James, Mum and me went to see Salt (that Angelina Jolie film) this afternoon which I really didn't want to see until I read a really good review which made me REALLY want to see it. I actually thought it was pretty good. Hopefully going to see Scott Pilgrim with James tomorrow.. I CANNOT WAIT! It looks great.

Dad and Teenie are currently in Inverness visiting my Granny and Grandpa. Grandpa is in Raigmore Hospital t the moment but is hopefully getting out tomorrow. He is still managing to text from his hospital bed though!

Ruth and co are coming out for dinner tonight so Mum is busy peeling potatoes. I said I would help but I've not made it through yet... I have loads of headscarves that I still haven't tried so I'm going to get Ruth and Amy to help me work my way through them and try them out! Maybe we could test them on Ally?! If so, I will get photographic evidence.

I'm back in the hospital on Friday which I am dreading as I know I will feel crap after it again. The scans have been rebooked for next Thursday and I know I will be completely drained and most likely go to the hospital in pyjama's. I think I'm past the point of caring about that though.

Right I'm off, gooooodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment