Monday 13 September 2010

What a fun day..

EHHHHHH NOT.

So, today was my 're-scanning' day. I had to wake up pretty early to drink this horrible mixture (for the CT scan) and then myself and Mum headed to Wishaw. I had to get swabs taken and then just hang about waiting for the CT and MRI. For the CT they need to put a venflon (needle) into your arm so they can put the contrast in (the dye). Since I've had the hickman line, I've not needed many needles and I forgot how uncomfortable it is to have them in your arm all the time. I think it was the first time I was pleased I had the hickman line. After the CT, we had some hanging about waiting for the MRI. They wanted to scan my leg too so I was in the machine for nearly an hour. It is so loud too! They put the radio on to try and distract from the noise but it doesn't really help. Fearne Cotton was on at the time so the sound of the machine was probably better than her.

The big news of the day is that I actually made myself lunch. Yes, I picked up a pan and made myself... Super noodles. Not my finest culinary moment but they were fabulous (if I do say so myself). As I am so knackered today (not entirely sure why), Mum, Granny and myself sat down to watch the Australian Masterchef Final. I LOVED IT.

I don't have many plans for the rest of the week. I'm still not really allowed out of the house so I feel like I'm under house arrest. I am incredibly bored but the tiredness seems to be stopping me from doing anything. I want to take Granny out somewhere for lunch so I'll see if we can go into the West End one day this week. I think she would like that. I found this picture on Teenie's facebook, how glam does Granny look?!


I love this picture, not sure why. I don't even know where or when it was taken! I'll go and ask her later on. It's been two years since Grandpa died and I was thinking about him today. Spearmint polo's will forever remind me of him! Also, he had an amazing head of hair. Maybe that's who I've inherited my resilient hair from?! Enough of my rambling, I'm going to go downstairs and eat chocolates with Granny. Nighty night.

1 comment:

  1. between your granny and jamie's great-great-golfdad the blogs are becoming fashiontastic. and that's before we've even considered H2T! x

    ReplyDelete